1957 Austin-Healey 10/06 (BN4)
A beautifully restored BN4, converted to right-hand drive, and offered from a superb private collection.
- Despite its initial success, sales of the original Austin-Healey 100 had begun to decline so the model was revamped as the '100/6'
- The wheelbase was lengthened from 7' 6" to 7' 8", enabling the inclusion of two occasional seats in the rear of the BN4 variant
- The new model was now powered by BMC's 2.6-litre, C-series six-cylinder generating a healthy 102bhp
- This 1957 BN4 was originally sold to Holland in LHD before returning to the UK around 1970
- It was subsequently fully restored and converted to right-hand drive by a previous owner
- The restoration included a full strip to bare metal, new aluminium wings and doors, the front aluminium shroud was replaced and all of the removed parts were either repaired, restored or replaced as new.
- The engine, gearbox and overdrive have been overhauled, and an unleaded head was fitted as was a new clutch and exhaust
- The interior was refinished with new red leather seats, red carpets and trim
- The bodywork was refinished in Old English White cellulose paint, as original. New black hood and new chrome bumpers and chrome trim
- Further details and professional images to follow